Newsletter #142 / December 2022
The Guatemalan Ministry of Communications, Infrastructure and Housing (CIV) published a bid for the construction of a cargo airport in the city of Puerto San José, Escuintla, to be used as a specialized terminal for import and export of air cargo.
If you are interested in this project, here are the 5 takeaways to understand it:
- Where? You can find and apply to the project on the State Contracting and Procurement Information System (GuateCompras) under the operation number NOG 18509118..
- When? The deadline for the bids is December 22, 2022, at 3:00 p.m. Bids must be turned in at the Social Solidarity Fund (FSS) at the CIV. The winner will have 10 months to execute the project.
- How big is the project? The lane will be 1.04 kilometers long and 6 meters wide. There will be two earthwork lanes, one will be 400 m long and the other one will be 700 m. They’ll both be 6 m wide.
- Other requirements:
- Building hangars, parking areas, and heliport(s)
- Signage work throughout the complex, paving, and the placement of cyclone mesh on the outer wall of the VHF (VOR).
- Construction of a building to house the airport’s electrical generators
- Install basic services, among others.
- Which government entity will carry out the project? The FSS will be in charge and will be financed with funds allocated to the entity’s investment projects.
If you or your company are interested in pursuing this project, Carrillo & Asociados can advise you throughout the entire process. You can reply to this email or contact us at email@example.com firstname.lastname@example.org
 Omnidirectional Radio Beacon Radar / Very High Frequency Omnidirectional Range. “Radio navigation aids used by aircraft to follow a pre-established route in flight”.