Paola joined the firm in 2018. She is a member of the Bankruptcy, Insolvency and Asset Recovery Practice Group. Additionally, she contributes to the Litigation Practice Group; specifically in Commercial Arbitration.
She has participated in advising on various local and international insolvency and restructuring cases including asset identification and tracing at the local and international level.
She has participated in advising on various arbitrations in the energy and hydrocarbons area.
She has participated in the development of corporate compliance programs for various companies.
Paola has also participated in the development of defense strategies and potential criminal defense procedural alternatives, including compensation strategies and risk exposure analysis in criminal matters, identifying legal and reputational risks.
Paola is also a certified sworn translator in Guatemala.
Certificate of International Insolvency Law, INSOL International, 2020
Attorney-At-Law and Notary, Cum Laude, Universidad Francisco Marroquín, 2019
Tort Law Program, Universidad Complutense - Madrid, Spain, 2016
Legal and Financial Translation Program, Translation and Interpretation Professional School (EPTI), Guatemala, 2016
Training Program in International Business Law and Comercial Arbitration at Escuela Superior de Economía y Administración de Empresas (ESEADE), Buenos Aires, Argentina, 2015
• Thesis: Analysis of the viability of legal protection of indigenous textiles in view of the Intellectual Property System.
• Guatemala: The Future of Insolvency and Restructuring - published by INSOL International.
• Guatemala: Economic Impact derived from the COVID 19 pandemic - published by Terralex.
• Guatemala: benefits and challenges of implementing a modern insolvency legal system in the context of the current global crisis - published by International Corporate Rescue.
• The importance of preserving the value of Guatemalan companies - published by Vox Iuris.
• Guatemalan Bar Association
• INSOL International
• International Women’s Insolvency & Restructuring Confederation (IWIRC)
Bankruptcy, Insolvency and Asset Recovery, Fraud and Arbitration
Spanish - English
Looking for a specific lawyer